I never used to be a person to get sick. Once a year I would catch a cold but that was it, no stomach flues nothing that would ever really put me out of school or work. Gradually that started to change last year, I experienced my first bout of food poisoning and I got sick a few more times than normal. But this year has been out of crazy. I have gotten sick at least once each month, really it is out of control and I am not a fan. But today this reached a new realm; I think I am cursed with sickness.
Thankfully it is not me that is sick this time, but I have effectively made my boss ill. Which is really no good, I don’t think I am ever going to hear the end of it. You see I got him lunch today. Normally his wife brings it in for him but she was running late, so I was given the task of going across the street and retrieving some fish tacos from Rubio’s. Naturally with it being such a beautiful day outside I did not mind the task at all – a jaunt in the sunshine is a refreshing break after hours in the office.
Mission accomplished I walked across the street got the lunch, all was good. Two hours passed by, he walks out of his office and informs me that I made him sick with the food I got him; naturally the fact that I did not in fact make the food I simply delivered it is overlooked. He then goes on to describe to me his symptoms – I will spare you the details, let’s just say he felt rather sick.
Therefore giving me the new task of going back across the street to retrieve some Alka Seltzer from Wal-Mart. As that was the decided upon treatment by the posse of concerned coworkers, it is the only thing that would cure his ailments they said. So back across the street I went.
I arrive at the pharmaceutical area of Wal-Mart and immediately spot the Alka Seltzer. Only there is a problem, it is all for colds, helping with cough, sore throat and such. Not really what I was looking for. However I was given strict instructions to hurry over to Wal-Mart and buy Alka Seltzer and only Alka Seltzer. I did a quick perusal and found nothing else resembling Alka Seltzer so I decided to buy the stuff for colds.
Big mistake, I was immediately informed upon my arrival back to the office that I bought the wrong thing. I tried to explain that it was the only Alka Seltzer there and it was in fact Alka Seltzer so technically I did still buy the right thing. That did not go over very well.
I was sent across the street again. Seriously I enjoyed being outside in the sunshine but really this was getting a bit ridiculous. I returned the Alka Seltzer – the workers thought I was weird returning something that was under $2 and was purchased within the last ten minutes. Following the return I went back down to the pharmaceutical area – which I learned, via asking the pharmacist per my instructions, has medication in multiple aisles grouped by symptom. I was obviously in the cold aisle on my first trip thereby only finding cold medicine.
So I was off to the stomach and flu aisle. I soon heard the Hallelujah chorus as the spotlight shone down on the “original” Altka Selzer. I let out a little WAHOO! Action did a little fist pump and was off to the cashier. Mission finally accomplished.
Ok I totally understand the convenience of the idea of grouping medications by symptom, but they should really clearly label each aisle. And why can’t all the Alka Seltzer be together? Is that too much to ask?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment