Tuesday, May 4, 2010

BLINDED!!

I remember back in the days of living in WA driving to school after a fresh snow. It was beautiful, all the fields covered in a fresh completely untouched blanket of snow. Beautiful and blinding at the same time. The morning sun would reflect right off that fresh snow making it nearly impossible to see.

Last night I arrived home, and set about getting my dinner. I flicked on the lights in the kitchen, only to be greeted with a similar blinding feeling. The handymen had come in yesterday and given us new kitchen lights. Which was oh so nice of them. BUT, they are SO bright. Like we are talking out of control they light up the whole apartment bright.
It is only made worse by the fact that everything in our kitchen is white. The walls, cupboards, floors, they all are such nice reflective surfaces.
Tonight I must remember to bring my sunglasses in from my car if I want to spend more than ten seconds in the kitchen.

No comments: