Tuesday, May 4, 2010

THE Penthouse

Our days in the penthouse are numbered. With that in mind last night Angela and I reflected on our last two years here in our little apartment. We have SO many funny/fun memories from this place, starting with the days of Rachel Davis, when there were three of us living here, or even the few weeks when Chelsey stayed with us and we had four girls living in about 700 square feet. Here are a collection of our favorite memories.........

1. When we found a knife in the hall closet - which naturally led us to believe it was put there in case of an invasion, giving us quick access to weapons.

2. The ever numerous times that the ceiling leaked during rain storms. ALWAYS managing to leak onto someones bed. It's a good thing we don't get too much rain here.

3. When Angela and I discovered we had had a mouse roaming our kitchen cupboards. Thankfully we never actually saw the furry beast, just the little treats he left behind. We still to this day try to avoid opening that specific cupboard at all costs.

4. Now that Rachel is married she cooks up a storm on a daily basis, eating feasts of meals. But it was not always like that. There used to be days/weeks where her dinner would consist of a honeydew Mellon, and plenty of vitamins and supplements. Her shelves in the kitchen would contain no actual food, just little bottles, and sometimes some bags of nuts. It was always quite the contrast to Angela and my's shelves chalk full of food.

5. Then there was the glorious day that we got our full sized couch. Finally getting rid of the last of our "left over from college" furniture. Such a smart move that was. Not only is it nice to be able to lay down on the couch, but it comfortably seats all of our friends that gather Monday nights to watch CHUCK. We are such adults now.

6. Another mishap we had, when the garbage disposal decided to clog. Leaving us with a sink full of nasty water. Word to the wise, don't run your dishwasher when your sink is clogged. Yeah, it will overflow. WOOPS!

7. Or the time that I was convinced that someone was knocking on our door at ridiculous times of the night, only to discover I was hearing the popcorn in the microwave.

8. Many of our funny memories revolve around Rachel. Like the time I woke up in the middle of the night only to find her crawling on the ground around my bed (she says she was looking for her cell phone, but I am skeptical). When she lit her rice pack on fire in the microwave and tried to act like it was no big deal. I'm sorry FIRE is a big deal - I was in a panic - and I NEVER overreact. Or my favorite may simply be that she had ten zillion blankets and pillows on her bed. One night Angela and I came home and thought she was asleep so we tip toed around nice and quite trying not to wake her, only to be startled some time later when she walked in the door.

Thank you Penthouse for so many great memories, we will miss you when we move.

3 comments:

Becky said...

wow! I kept trying to comment and it wouldn't take my password, so I had to re-sign up for an account, and I still had to do it like 5 times to get it to take my password. Strange! Anywho! What is going on? Did I leave the room and miss something? Where are you going and when?

Mandy said...

Strange.....about the whole password thing. You didn't really miss anything becuase I guess I have not said anything......it's not totally official yet. We are looking to move into a house in Fullerton with Rachel. Upgrading some you know to a three bedroom place. But really we are still on the hunt for the ideal home - our lease is just up soon and we are ready for a change.

rach said...

Oh wow, mandy! What amazing memories! I LOVE IT! Oh sadness...you're leaving the Penthouse..I hope you find a house that is superior to a Penthouse...though i'm not sure what that would be!