Oh the wonders of voicemail. Earlier this week I had been trying to set up a hang out time with my friend Johnny. He had gotten a new phone since we had last hung out, so he gave me his new digits on facebook. I entered them into my contacts and gave him a quick ring. It rang and rang and rang until I got his voicemail. Instead of saying Hi this is Johnny leave me a message, like I had expected I got the generic you have reached 562 yada yada yada. Without another thought I left a message.
Now here in lies the problem I sometimes have the tendency to leave extraordinarily long rambling messages. It's like when I don't know what to say I get nervous and just don't stop talking. SO this message went a little something like this:
"such a formal greeting you have there on your voicemail. I guess now that you are a big bad professor you have to keep it professional. Well I have to say I am glad we are going to be friends again, because you know as good ol Michael W. puts it friends are friends forever if the Lords the Lord of them. So I don't know what you had in mind for our hang out. I am up for pretty much anything, well maybe not kicking small dogs.........or ritual animal slaughters. So I guess really I am not up for anything per say, more like anything legal and non violent. Anywho call me back my number is [--------] since you said you didn't have it. Although I kind of have this feeling that you didn't actually get a new phone - it is all an elaborate lie to avoid telling me that last year when you were scrolling through your contact list you stumbled upon Mandy and could not for the life of you remember who I was so you deleted me. OUCH! It's ok though I am tough, I can take it. You can be honest. You deleted me right?"......I am pretty sure I kept going from there but the specifics have been blocked out.
That was Monday night. Tuesday my phone rang, it said "call from Johnny." So I answer in true Mandy sarcastic fashion "It's about time you called me back." The response was silence. So I said "Johnny?" like maybe he didn't hear me or something. The response I got was a little surprising to say the least. It was a man named Ron, who kindly informed me that he was not Johnny, and he was not calling from Johnny's phone, I had dialed a wrong number. He thought that since I had left him the funniest voicemail her had ever received that he would call me back and let me know I had called the wrong number, that Johnny would not be calling me back.
Woops! I checked the phone number when I got home and had been one number off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
hahahahah! oh, I have missed your hilarious blog posts Missy! Thanks for the laugh. It is good for my health : ) I thoroughly enjoyed the travel blogs also, but a good laugh is always a lovely side benefit to reading your stuff! Ron didn't ask you out while he was at it huh? Probably 50 and married I suppose. Well, I'm glad you were able to brighten up his day anywho!
Post a Comment