Normally I would characterize myself as a decently athletic person. Not great at sports, but can you know hold my own decently if needed. That is in ANY sport except softball/baseball. The last time I played was college intramural - and next to prom that was the most humiliating experience of my life, they kicked me off the team. Yikes!
With that said I was more than hesitant to attend the girl softball game put on by the church Saturday. But I sucked it up and I went, to be social and meet people. Silly me I assumed that it would be a bunch of girls equally lacking in softball skills just having fun. Yeah that is SO not what it was. Over half of the girls showed up in cleats and bags full of bats. I quickly learned that many of them had played college softball. Uhm yeah I was not feeling very confident. I was one of four people who did not raise their hands when they asked who would consider themselves a skilled player.
Of course I have to play up the drama - which there was lots of, including home runs, yelling players, throwing of mitts and kicking of fences, but I did have a little bit of fun. AND I hit the ball, every time I was up to bat.....never made it on base, but hey I didn't strike out. I also much to Kevin's horror didn't know where right field was when they sent me there. woops!
Sunday I woke up with a sore arm. I'm gonna say that is only slightly pathetic. But I took my sore arm out for a run anyways. Part way through my run I checked my splits on my phone. WOWSA! I was going so fast. I looked at the times and was like DANG! I really didn't feel like I was running that fast (and really if I had been awake for more than 30 minutes I may have realized that the times were so fast that there was really no possible way I could have been running that fast) I was feeling great. Until it beeped at me alerting me that I had reached mile 3. But wait I hadn't run 3 miles yet, not even close. Thats when I realized that the spilt times were off. I looked again, and somehow I had managed to change it to kilometers. Not really the same distance as a mile.
The worst part is I have no idea how I changed it to metric, and I can't figure out how to get it back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I remember you being really athletic! I'm impressed you went to and played in the softball game. softball scares me..
I miss our basketball days.
Post a Comment