Wednesday, September 8, 2010

GRAND like the piano

After our quick stop at Hoover Dam we were on the road again in record time. Making only one quick stop for gas and a book between there and the canyon.
Angela got to use her National Parks Pass for the second time. I believe her goal is to use it three more times before it expires. Seeing as she has used it twice in the first 2.5 months I think she can easily reach her goal.
Our first stop was the visitors center. Which was actually a little disappointing (for Angela) they had no informational videos. We had a quick chat with a ranger and decided on our plan of attack.
Off to the Rim trail we went.

There were SO many people climbing down on little ledges, and climbing rocks, I feared for their lives. Really. People are crazy. This is about as risky as we got.
I won't bombard you with too many photos of the canyon, because as great as it is, it kind of looks the same in all of the photos.


When we first arrived the sky was really hazy (we learned thanks to the information along the rim trail that pollution, some all the way from southern CA, gets trapped inside the canyon). By the time we got to the end of the trail and began our mini hike the sky had cleared, and was a vibrant blue, making everything look that much better.

After completing the rim trail, and refueling at lunch we set out on the Bright Angel Trail down into the canyon.


1 comment:

lindsey said...

I love that last picture. Wonderful camera work.