This weekend I switched it up and took Audra out for an Auntie Mandy date. She was pretty excited (but I mean who wouldn't be hehe) She got all dressed up - even wore a bow in her hair and anxiously awaited my arrival.
Taking Audra out is about as opposite as you can get from taking Gavin out. He talks non stop Auntie Mandy this Antie Mandy that. With Audra, I feared she fell asleep in the car. She is silent. We got doughnuts, and she meticulously ate off all of the bits of frosting and sprinkles before taking a bite of the unfrosted portion. And I think it took her nearly 35 minutes to do so because she was so busy people watching and flirting with anyone who would look at her.
After doughnuts she accompanied me on a few errands, where I gave her the grown up opportunity to walk and not ride in a cart. She LOVED it. Always holding my hand but with quite some force leading me around from aisle to aisle. She was on a mission. And pretty quickly she did manage to find the little girls clothing - they oh so carefully place those racks at her level.
I also took the time we had to give her a little culture, I introduced her to The Phantom of the Opera. Although due to her complete silence I have no idea if she enjoyed it or not. And I am pretty certain that she started saying a new word [princess] although she has yet to say it in the presence of anyone else so it is possible I imagined it.



2 comments:
good post. Audra. Her silence kills me.
You are very very special indeed if she put on a headband for you:)
Post a Comment