Wednesday, February 8, 2012

first impressions

I never see people at my apartment. The day I moved in I met my across the hall neighbor and have since then never seen him again. As have I NEVER seen anyone else, except at the mailboxes and the fitness center. It's crazy. I hear people, every now and then, but never see them. But actually I kind of like it that way, it fits my semi reclusive/anti social tendencies.

Anywho all that to say I don't remember the name of the one neighbor I met, and I have no idea if anyone even lives in the apartment on the other side of me. So then yesterday I am walking from my car to the stairs - like I do everyday - sometimes even while on the phone. But not today. I was just walking or was until all of the sudden I was not. With a scream I was on the ground. I thought for sure there was a large rock, or perhaps an uneven spot in the side walk but sure enough there was not. Just my clumsiness.

As I was picking up my purse, lunchbox and sunglasses I started to hear a little giggle. I looked up and saw a lady and young boy starting to climb the stairs. He was of course pointing at me, as his mother tried to pull him up the stairs. Of course I can go 2.5 months without seeing anyone, only to have the ONE time I fall down be the time I see people. The perfect moment all right, sprawled across the sidewalk is of course me at my best.

Although I did notice that they lived on the floor below me, perhaps they live directly below me. If so it is probably best that they saw me in action, so they don't have to be concerned when the hear any crashing noises or loud thuds from above. They can just assume that I have fallen.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

oOH NO! You really fell all the way to the ground. Sad day!