Thursday, February 9, 2012

power failure

So I went to the fitness center last night. Not completely unusual for me. but this time when I arrived all the lights were turned off, no one was around. After unlocking the door and looking around I found the light switch, turned it on and headed over to the treadmill. Only it didn't have any power. I hit the buttons checked the plug everything looked right, but it wouldn't turn on. I moved down the line. But sadly found the same thing at treadmill number two, and both the elliptical. hhhmm. What could be wrong I thought.

Slightly frustrated because I had gone to all the trouble of changing, putting on my shoes and walking down there. I wanted to run. So I did the only logical thing, I went to the front office to inquire about the problem. After very poorly explaining the problem the lady in the office walked back to the fitness center with me to further asses the situation.

The whole thing took maybe, maybe three minutes. Needless to say I was SHOCKED when we opened the door and there were people running on both treadmills. How in the world? I couldn't decided which surprised me more that the treadmills had power and were working just fine or that there were people in there?

I did also learn to my embarrassment, there is a power switch on treadmill, that I clearly didn't know where it was......that you know turns the power on and off.

2 comments:

Malerie said...

That's pretty funny, but also a little creepy... Like something out of a movie!

lindsey said...

That is really funny. I can just picture the whole thing.