Monday, November 29, 2010

black friday

We're not really all about the black Friday sales. Well, maybe that's not true we all LOVE a good sale, just not as much the whole getting up before the sun, waiting outside, and mass amounts of people aspect of it. We did of course scour the adds and determine there was nothing worth enduring all that pain for. I did have a small urge to go purchase the $2 crock pot that was available, since Angela has decided in the last couple of months that I really need one. But alas a $2 purchase was just not enough to get me out of bed.

We instead took to the crafting table on Friday. Then men (if you look real hard in the background) were watching back to back to back football games, while the women went to town mess, I mean wreath making.
When we were finished the whole table and surrounding area was covered with a thick blanket of paper scraps...and hot glue drippings.
We used book pages to make some pretty decorations. It was fun to see how the progressed with six of us, some even making the same type of wreath they all came out looking very different. And it was quite entertaining to read random lines from the books as we went along. They were all purchased from the dollar store, so naturally the were the MOST quality writing ever.
My beauty made from paper flowers. Oh my talk about dedication, this baby took SO many hours to finish......I think it was probably worth it in the end, but there were times when I nearly gave up.

Mom and her finished product, nice and ruffly looking!
Hannah opted for the color version and made hers out of magazine pages instead of book pages.
And finally Lindsey's monster (monster meaning large, not ugly).
Cameron dubbed our adventures EXTREME crafting, as Monique and I ended it with rather large blisters. I like to think that makes my wreath all the more valuable, I suffered a great amount of pain to finish that puppy.
{oh look Lindsey and I have matching chairs....it looks like I am sitting in my room, I am not - this photo was taken and Lindsey's house.......although my blister is still here, making typing a bit difficult}

No comments: