A couple of months ago I convinced dad and Lindsey to participate in a little Thanksgiving day Turkey Trot 5k. It all sounded so good and fun when it was far off in the future, then 6:45am on Thanksgiving it was no longer looking quite as great. But up we went, out to check in and pick up our race packets. Now when I packed for this trip I packed with heat in mind. We are in Arizona after all, but oh boy was it cold out. The shorts and T shirt that I brought to run in were just NOT cutting it. I know that Spokane is under a couple feet of snow and Yosemite too so to say it was cold sounds quite silly, but this wind that was happening, well lets just say it had to be coming in from the far off caverns of the Arctic because it was absolutely FRIGID!
All the racers were checking in and then climbing back into their cars to wait for the start because it was just too cold to be outside. As it was I do believe I got frost bite on my left foot just from the 10 minute wait at the starting line.
We got to wear these uber classy ankle bands that kept out time for us. At first I thought it was silly, and a little annoying, but after a few cold blasts of wind I realized that my left ankle was by far the warmest part of my body.
Lindsey and I decided to run the race together........dad when asked if he was going to run with us replied with this: "If you keep up with me, sure we can run together." Yeah he beat us by a good ten minutes.
FINISH LINE!!!! We made it.......no I did not get first place, that #1 I am holding up represents the 168th place.





1 comment:
good pics. good quality to them. bum about the freezing temperature.... arctic blasts!!!!!!!
Post a Comment