Tuesday, November 16, 2010

false alarm

Were you wondering if there was any way to get every single person in the office to drop everything and come running? Well lucky for you I have discovered what will do exactly that, even give you some gaping mouths, and strange looks. Of course it would not be something simple like yelling "fire" because well, people would never believe that. It would instead, be yelling the word "naked."

Yesterday when I walked into work I was greeted with these words, pretty much yelled in shock, by a coworker. "YOUR PRACTICALLY NAKED!" With that, things were dropped people came running, all eyes were on me. As I am sure you can guess I was NOT in fact any where close to being naked. I was dressed like usual for work, in a skirt and sweater. My legs however were bare, as they are everyday, but I guess today this coworker was especially cold, so she was shocked that I would dare wear nothing on my legs to keep me warm. It was 75, not really what I would call frostbite inducing weather. My legs were fine.

After some calming words from me, reassuring everyone that I was fine, not freezing and not in need of a blanket, everyone found their way back to their desks.

No comments: