Something has happened to me this year, I have gone soft. I am already in Christmas mode, and LOVING it. Usually I am a firm believer in not enjoying Christmas until after Thanksgiving, no music, no wrapping gifts, no decorations. So much so that I freaked out when I saw other people with their trees up before turkey day.
As part of embracing the holidays early Angela and I have begun watching lots of Christmas movies. There are of course our favorites that we watch every year [The Holiday, While You Were Sleeping, Elf and many more] but we also, call us crazy, are total suckers for cheesy (also known as made for TV) holiday films. Usually they do not involve the best acting, or plots, but they have Christmas music, pretty decorations, and usually some pretty sappy/cheesy romance. Yep that is why we love them.
Last year however we had a string of exceptionally bad movie choices. Many of them were extra boring, lacking in the love story and really not Christmasy at all except maybe a tree in the background. It was quite tragic. We learned the important lesson that when a movie being sold for $5, it is for a good reason, don't buy it.
Now that we have the sweet luxury of cable we can enjoy the 25 days of Christmas on ABC Family, which is chalk full of holiday movies, but in the mean time we had to take matters into our own hands. We have to find some great movies this year, to make up for all the disappointments of last year. Off to the redbox we went, in search of Mrs. Miracle. Of course it was such a popular title that it was not available, we opted instead for The Christmas Clause. No Christmas movie would be complete without a holiday beverage from Starbucks (which we walked to, my idea, but let me tell you I thought we lived a WHOLE lot closer than we actually do, whew I barely survived).
It is safe to say that The Christmas Clause is definitely not an instant holiday classic, but it was also no Christmas Child. The search for our new favorite Christmas movie continues...........
*And I should probably warn any and all people that may stop by our house any time in the next month or so, you may be subjected to short viewings of our favorite moments from bad Christmas movies, just because we like to torture people with scenes we think are funny and no one else does.





3 comments:
you are too funny, and I cannot believe you are in full christmas mode already. You of all people and usually very strict with your Christmas rules. I have to admit we also started early this year and have been listening to some christmas music and have watched elf as well.
I think it is actually all your fualt.........because I had to have all the presents done for your family, to bring this weekend. I keep thinking it is Christmas this weekend and not Thanksgiving. haha
oh Mandy! You are funny. I laughed the whole time I read the post. AND- the pre-Christmas festivities are just continuing too. I helped my mom decorate for Christmas yesterday... so on went the Christmas music and up went the lights and garland on the staircase. Where are our standards???????
For you, I think it was ALL influenced and brought on by your holiday peppermint mocha creamer. A big thank you to coffeemate!!!
fyi- keep blogging, this is fun
Post a Comment