From my desk at work I can easily see five clocks, the radio, the phone, the computer the one hanging on the wall and my cell phone. All but the phone are on the same time. For some reason the phone has always been about five minutes fast - and I have no idea how it got that way. I have never set the clock on it - some magical phone clock ferry's did that. So naturally that is the clock I prefer. I'll even let you in on a little secret, sometimes I take a 35 minute lunch. I start when the phone clock says 12:00, but then don't end my break until the other clocks say 12:30. Pretty sneaky if you ask me.
So this week my phone clock, and the magical phone clock ferries decided to play some tricks on me. Which for the record was not very nice of them. They decided to have daylight savings a week early. After many time telling misshapes I saw that it was 55 minutes behind. Which most people would not find to be a big deal, but I am forgetful, so it has been rather troubling. Monday, the first day of the change I was convinced I some how managed to come in to work an hour early........even though I didn't get up or leave my house any earlier. Yes I realize that logically it makes no sense, but when your clock is an hour off and you are the only person in the office for the first 20 minutes your mind will begin to play tricks on you. AND then yesterday I stayed in the office an extra 7 minutes! What?! Can you believe that? 7 whole minutes, I looked at the clock and saw that it said 3:57 and thought to myself "man today is going by kind of slow, only one more hour." Thankfully not too long later I looked at one of other clocks and was saved from working a 9th hour.
I am looking forward to Monday when all the clocks are in sync again, my life will be so much easier.
[writing the words in sync of course made me think of Nsync......and this commercial - that you may not think is funny........but I do "something about a sink" hahahaha]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That is so funny i totally dont remember that commercial.
Post a Comment